Monday, 19 October 2015

Is TV Dying? I Don't Think SO!

     The television! You can find this device in your living room, bedroom, or I guess even in your kitchen. What is it? It is a device with a screen that shows pictures and sounds. In the past, they look like rectangular boxes. Today, as technology advances, TV’s now look like flat picture frames. Instead of a wide box shape, they are now flat like paper.

     Moving on, televisions are great for entertainment. They bring families together. Whenever my dad and I had to watch our favorite show, we quickly go to the living room, grab our snacks, and sat comfortably in front of the TV. I like watching in the television. My family does too. In my opinion, watching in other devices are too hard and too small. They made a television for a reason. When people watch on their hand-held devices, they tend to bring their devices close to their face since they can’t see it. This habit is really bad for your eyesight. Thus, I find that watching on the television is comfortable. Moreover, I swear, every channel has commercials. I can tolerate commercials since they give me a break from what I was watching. I could take a quick break to the washroom or get a few more snacks.

The TV's in the olden days! 

     Since Netflix and other applications have been introduced, people have started to watch TV in their own ways. Even though, these things have been introduced, regular cable TV won’t lose. Why?

Exhibit a: There are people who liked to check the news daily. They always check for the traffic congestion or the weather for day. They check the latest crimes that has happened or the latest celebrity scandal. Netflix or other applications do not have this.

Exhibit b: There are people who are huge sport fans. Whenever there is a live game, they all gather together to watch and sit in front of the TV cheering for their teams. Again, these on-demand streamers do not really have live streaming of sports.

Exhibit c: There are people who like to watch live events such as the VMAs or the Elections. On-demand streamers don’t stream events such as these.

     In conclusion. Television and cable networks would never die out or END! It is one of the greatest inventions man ever made. My family always uses the TV. There was never a day with the TV off.

3 comments:

  1. HELLO! I do agree with your statements. It is true that the tv is something that can bring family together. Whenever there would be an award show, my family, friends and I would gather around the tv, and those handheld devices would disappear for a while. As for the opinion on tv dying, it also agree that I don't think tv would go away completely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jade! I completely agree with you, I think that the television will never die out. The audience for the live shows, such as sporting events and award shows, is much too large for that happen. As long as this audience does not decrease rapidly I would assume you are correct in you predication that this in one of the factors that will keep the television from disappearing. Another reason you gave to support your prediction is there are people who like to check the news daily, and this is not a feature that Netflix or other applications offer. I don’t think this as strong of an arguing point compared to the previous one, because many people get their news from the internet. This has already affected the printed paper subscription, so it will most likely affect the news stations as well.

    ReplyDelete